Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge--4/28/11


1. What is something that bothers you if it is not done perfectly?
This is actually kind of a hard question, because there are lots of things I have to do perfectly.  I guess the biggest one I can think of is note-taking in class.  I can't stand it when my notes aren't organized the way I like them.

2. What is one of your best childhood memories?
We used to go on our family vacation to Branson, MO and Springfield, MO every summer.  We went the same places (Silver Dollar City and Fantastic Caverns) and did the same things every year, but it was always fun to get away.  The best part was riding "Fire in the Hole!" over and over with my brother.  "Fire in the Hole!" is an indoor roller coaster.  It is dark, and there are a bunch of fire scenes.  The ride rolls along slowly as you pass the fire scenes, and then you hear someone scream "Fire in the Hole!"  The ride goes down quickly and comes back up.  At the end, you see what looks like an oncoming train, and then you get splashed with water.  It sounds totally cheesy, but it was the only ride that was air conditioned, and there was rarely a line.  We would get off the ride and get right back on.

3. Do you plan to watch the Royal Wedding and when was the last time you wore a hat?
I really have no interest in the Royal Wedding.  I wear a hat to work every time I put on my uniform.  As far as a non-work hat, it has been a long time.

4. Where do you fall in the birth order in your family? Do you think this has influenced your personality?
I'm the oldest child.  I think it has definitely influenced my personality.  I'm very outgoing and independent.  I also made all the mistakes, and I'm the most strong-willed.

5. Where do you think you spend most of your money?
Probably at Target.  I heart Target.  However, I would like to inform them that 15% off does not a clearance make.  Sorry, Target.  Also, their return policy blows.

6. When you need to confront someone would you rather communicate in person, on the phone, by email or by letter? Why?
I think by e-mail.  It gives me a chance to think about what I want to say, and to read over it before I send it.  That way, I don't end up saying anything I don't mean, especially out of anger.  Also, in person, I tend to "chicken out" of saying things that need to be said.

7. Dodge ball, freeze tag, kickball or jump rope? You have to pick one.
I would have to say Dodge Ball.

8.  I am so glad that I decided to participate in the A to Z Blogging Challenge!  It has been really fun, and it has definitely forced me to be more creative than usual.

9 comments:

  1. I've heard about that A-Z challange... but I chickened out!

    Canada will soon be getting some Target stores. I personally can't wait because I've shopped at Target when I do cross-boarder-shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "6, I never thought about it that way, but you are so right. It lets you cool down a bit. Now, I will change my mind on that confrontation thing which we all hate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been doing the A-Z as well and it has been fun but I feel like I've been thinking about my blog day and night!

    My daughters spend most of their money at Target...most of mine too : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heart Target too!! We don't have one nearby and that's probably a good thing!

    I wanted to do the A to Z Challenge - I started to do the A to Z Challenge - but I didn't get very far. Apparently I'm as non-creative as I thought I was ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I'd done the A-Z challenge but was a few days behind when I found out about it so didn't bother starting. I'm disappointed I didn't do it now, you all seem to have had fun on that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Target, but a clearance is only a clearance if it starts at 60%!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are first-born children supposed to be more outgoing? I am fairly shy, and I think my sister, the second and youngest, is more outgoing than I am. It's been interesting to read everyone's thoughts about this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looked into the A-Z challenge and was overwhelmed and freaked out by it...maybe next time. As another first born...it made me laugh to read, "made all the mistakes" cuz, I feel that way sometimes too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I completely heart Target as well - but I totally agree... what's up with 15% off? Why even bother? And I was so sad when they changed their return policies... booo... but, I still heart Target... :-)

    ReplyDelete