Sunday, April 24, 2011

T is for Today, Tonight, and Tomorrow

Today, I woke up without a heavy heart.  I didn't feel weighed down.  I didn't feel consumed by my circumstances.

Today, I cleaned my entire apartment.  I swept.  I dusted.  I mopped.  I vacuumed.  I even vacuumed the couch, and wiped off the stove--my least favorite chores.  I put away all of Macy's clothes that I washed the other day. I cut all the hair and old tinsel off the beater bar of the vacuum so it would work like it's supposed to.  I organized all of my bow-making supplies and put them into a plastic tub.  I was 10 kinds of productive.

Today, I worked on my calculus homework.

Today, I took Spencer for a walk at the park.

Today was a good day.  Then, Today turned into Tonight.

Tonight has been downhill--literally since the sun went down.

Tonight, I am a broken record.  I am missing him.  I feel lost and alone.  I don't feel strong enough to get through this.  I just want to go back to the way it was before.  I just want to hear his voice and tell him how much I love him.  I started crying while I was doing the dishes.  I hate nights like Tonight.

Tomorrow is another day.  Sometimes Tomorrow is better than Today, sometimes it is worse.  It is always a different day though.  I made it through Today, and I am surviving Tonight.  I'm ready for Tomorrow.

I'm ready for the Tomorrow when I don't have to struggle through this anymore--when it doesn't hurt so much.  I just keep trying to remember that eventually, I will wake up to that Tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment