Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge--4/13/11


1. Would you rather talk to everyone at a crowded party for a short time or have a significant conversation with two people?
I usually tend to stick with a small group.  Most of the time, I end up talking to people I know at parties.  I'm a pretty social person, but I always feel awkward in crowds of people I don't know.

2. What objects do you remember from your parent's living room?
When I was a kid, we had a sectional couch that had recliners at either end.  We also had a sweet console TV.  It had a remote, but only a couple of buttons on the remote worked.  We had a wood-front fireplace, and a big picture window too.  The picture window had regular windows on either side, and I actually pushed my brother through one of those side windows.  Fortunately, we had really thick drapes so he didn't get hurt.  I think we got in quite a bit of trouble for that.  We were actually playing Jerry Springer when I did it, which I suppose I should be embarrassed to admit as an adult.

3. Do you hog the bed? Steal the covers? Snore?
I have a Queen-sized bed, and I sleep in it diagonally.  I sleep that way as a coping mechanism.  I'm not sure how I started sleeping that way, but I got to the point where I couldn't sleep on my side of the bed if I was sleeping alone.  If I wake up on my side, I roll over and expect someone else to be next to me.  It upsets me if I don't find anyone there.  So now I just sleep diagonally, and then I don't expect anyone else to be in the bed when I wake up.  I do sleep with a 20 pound dog who is very good at hogging the bed.  He has actually forced me back onto my side of the bed before.  I don't really know if I snore right now.  I do if I have been drinking.  I'm not sure if I snore since I'm pregnant.  I do not steal the covers.

4. Speaking of Easter dinner....what is your favorite way to cook/eat lamb? Or does just the thought of that make you squeamish? If you're not cooking lamb what will be your entree du jour on Easter Sunday?
I like lamb, but I have never cooked it.  The only way I have ever eaten lamb was in the form of lamb chops from Outback Steakhouse when I used to work there.  I usually associate ham with Easter.  I'm not sure if I will even be cooking this year.

5. Let's throw some politics into this week's mix-oooohhh...Do you know the whereabouts of your birth certificate and when was the last time you had to produce it to prove you're you?
I know exactly where my birth certificate is.  I just sent off for a new copy last year.  I don't remember the last time I needed it to prove I was me...probably when I joined the navy 7 years ago.

6. As a child, how did people describe you?
Talkative is a nice way to put it.  My Mom usually says mouthy.  I was also strong-willed, stubborn, literal, and clever.

7. What do you complain about the most?
Probably my job.  Or maybe Virginia drivers.

8. I really wish I had a nice deck that overlooked a big backyard.  I would sit outside all day.  I am loving this spring weather we are having!!

5 comments:

  1. You can sit on my porch when you get home. I might talk Chris into porch furniture by then ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word...the Jerry Springer story is too funny!!! Seems as if you guys got into the act a little too much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Jerry Springer story-hilarious! We have Virginia drivers in NJ too : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy that beautiful spring weather. It actually snowed here today, ekes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I'm thinking perhaps my parents shouldn't have let us watch Jerry Springer. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete