After reading Katie's many posts about the beach, I have realized that I need a vacation. I got to thinking about it, and I don't actually remember the last time I went on a vacation. I have made lots of trips home to Illinois, but I'm not sure that counts. I suppose the last trip I took that could really be considered a vacation was the trip I took to Pittsburgh back in December of 2007. Yes, that was almost 4 years ago. Also, it was just a weekend trip.
Don't get me wrong--there are plenty of fun things to do right here where I live. There is the beach here, the Outer Banks, Chincoteague and Assateague Islands up on the Eastern Shore, museums, the aquarium, etc... I just don't think it's the same to have to come home at the end of the day and go back to my normal life. I think one of the defining characteristics of a vacation is the "getting away."
So I have decided it is time to start saving. Someday soon--maybe even next summer--I'm going to take a vacation. A real vacation where I leave this area, go somewhere else, stay in a hotel, and just enjoy myself. I'm imagining there will be a beach, or maybe a lake. I guess it depends on how I'm feeling next summer. Either way, I'm going to start putting money away. Anyone want to join me?
that sounds like a great plan!
ReplyDelete