Monday, April 4, 2011

C is for Crafts (and Caught Up!)

I should really be eating some dinner right now instead of posting for the third time today.  I couldn't resist the temptation to sit on my porch and enjoy what is left of today's sunshine though.  It is 7:28 PM and the sun is still out.  I love it.

I'm a very crafty person.  Right now I have several projects going.  This seems like as good a time as any to share them.  Let's start with my craft room.  I live in a 2-bedroom apartment.  When I moved in, I decided I would rather have a place to work on my projects than have a nursery for Macy.  She won't sleep there anyway because I plan to have her in my room until she is probably 6 months.  By then, I will (hopefully) be living in a house. (Where maybe I can even paint!)  So I ordered myself a folding table and turned that extra bedroom into the craft room (Why do I feel like I should be on Glee?)

Yay Craft table! It has another leaf that folds out, but the room isn't very big!

Right now the table is loaded with scrapbooking supplies.  I have been buying a lot lately--especially Baby Girl stuff for Macy.  Right now I'm working on a Pregnancy Album, which is just an 8x8 album.  I also have a 12x12 that will be Macy's album--her first year, at least.  I haven't really started on that one yet.  I love 8x8 albums because I can make a 2-page spread out of just one picture without it looking silly.  I'm not that good at using 12x12, but I guess I'll have plenty of time to practice.  A couple of weeks ago, I bought myself a new toy.  It's a Cricut Create, and I have yet to play with it.  I should have some time to break it out here shortly.  I'm hoping to get to play in Debbie's Scrap Cave when I go home in a few weeks.  I don't know if I can handle that much excitement!!

Like I mentioned earlier, I have started making bows for Macy.  I have been trying to build up a collection of ribbon.  So far, I have a decent amount.


Yesterday I made her first bow.  Well, the first one I have made.  Her first bow was actually made by my friend Faith from work.  This one is special though because it has cupcakes on it, and I have already decided she is going to be Mommy's Little Cupcake.


I am also planning on making this Carseat Blanket for her out of these fabrics.


She has LOTS of pink stuff.  My favorite color is purple, so I decided it is time to start her collection of purple things.  Other sewing projects for Macy:

Diaper Bag

Material for her nursery

I've also been working on some pillow shams for my friend Julia.  (Yes, I actually started working on them yesterday, Jules!)  I'll post pictures when they've been delivered since they are sort of her "Baby" gift, thought they're not for a baby.  Go to her blog to learn more.

Yes, I do have all of these projects going at the same time!!  I don't really work much, so I need something to do--besides posting 3 times a day!! :)

3 comments:

  1. I can't sew. I staple things. So if I send you a hand-sewn baby gift, you might not want to use it as staples could damage baby ;)

    I can crochet, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to learn to sew but I still suck at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayyyy!!! For your crafts, I mean ;) Haha

    ReplyDelete