1. National Read a Road Map Day falls on April 5th. Would people say you have a good sense of direction? Do you rely on a GPS when you drive somewhere new? When was the last time you used a map?
I have a terrible sense of direction. I blame it on the fact that I grew up in a town where streets ran North-South OR East-West. Streets here do no such thing. (Fun Tidewater fact: There is a stretch of I-64 that runs backwards. To go East, you actually get on 64-West. Check out Mapquest.) I use my GPS all the time. I have actually used my GPS to get somewhere I had been before, just because I was coming from a different direction. I actually do look at maps--on Mapquest. Sometimes I'm just interested in locations. I never took Geography.
2. What's your favorite cookbook?
I don't think I have a favorite. I did recently buy a Nestle dessert cookbook, but I haven't used it yet.
3. What painting would you like to "walk into" and experience? Why?
The Starry Night by Van Gogh. I know it's totally a trendy painting, but I love it.
4. What annoys you more- misspellings or mispronunciations?
Misspellings. Seriously, Google Chrome points them out!! You don't even need spell check! I will admit, I cannot properly use lay and lie. I have even looked up the usage, and I just don't get it. I avoid using them, especially in my blog. I feel like Crys will judge me if I use them incorrectly. Other than that, the most common usage mistakes grate on my nerves. Especially apostrophe misuse.
5. What is something your mother or father considered important?
Having life goals--dreams. One of my Dad's favorite saying is "A man who has no dreams has no future." Maybe sometimes they take it to the extreme--like wanting to know my plans for 5 years from now (seriously?!). I do agree that it is important to have goals.
6. Do you like or dislike schedules?
Asking this to a person with OCD it like asking an alcoholic "Do you like or dislike booze?" I *heart* schedules. Even if they vary from day-to-day. I usually plan out my days off--like, I actually write down a list of what I'm going to do with my favorite Sharpie on my pretty notepad.. I also *heart* lists...and Sharpies...and notepads. It's a sickness, really.
7. Let's have some fun with National Poetry Month (that would be April)...write your own ending to this poem-
"Roses are Red
Violets are blue..."
...yeah I really don't like poetry. Except The Raven. I love Poe.
Incidentally if you'd like to read the history behind that little ditty you'll find it here.
8. I just finished Season 1 of Glee...come on Netflix and send me Season 2!!

I also suffer with the list/sharpie/notepad sickness. Actually, I think I have an office supply problem!
ReplyDelete*sigh* I am not judging you people for using things incorrectly. I am only the Nazi of apostrophes and use of exclamation points. And their/there/they're. And your/you're.
ReplyDeleteI just see those mistakes SO OFTEN. At the end of the day, though, I'm a teacher, not a Nazi. And I don't want others to feel bad about writing for my eyes. *makes a sad face*