This is Spencer. This was taken the day I got him. He was 10 weeks old. He had that rubber chicken for quite a while before he destroyed it. I drove from South Carolina to BFE Missouri to get Spencer. He has been spoiled rotten ever since. As you can see, he was quite a ferocious puppy. He was very good on the car ride back to South Carolina.
He mostly slept and chewed on his hedgehog the whole way back. The hedgehog was another toy we managed to hold on to for a pretty long time. In our house, plush toys usually last a couple of days, tops. Especially if they squeak. Spencer loves to rip them open, find the squeaker, chew it until it no longer makes noise, and then string the plush intestines of his victims all over the apartment. He thinks this is great fun.
He was actually a terrible puppy. He was mostly gated in the kitchen when I was working so his messes were easy to clean up. He suffered from boredom throughout most of his Puppyhood, which led him to find destructive ways to entertain himself. Before moving out of my condo, I had to replace all the baseboards and the flooring in the kitchen. I also had to basically build part of a wall out of drywall tape and spackle. Thanks, Spencer. I guess that's what I get for having such a tasty kitchen.
He loves to run around outside and get dirty, as you can see in this picture. He is solid white, so of course that means he loves a good mud puddle. He hates taking a bath, too. Spencer just turned 4 in March, and he is a pretty good dog these days. He spends most of his day lounging around the apartment.
He's so much help when it comes to the laundry!!
He still loves to destroy the occasional stuffed animal. He has a nice collection of bones, balls, and pieces of old squeaky toys sitting in a basket in the laundry room. He really enjoys it when I clean the apartment and put all of his toys back in the basket so that he can get them all out again. He has several femur bones that used to contain filling, but he rarely shows interest in them. His favorite is a Nylabone that he has has since several Christmases ago. I think he enjoys that one the most because it develops sharp edges as he chews it, and then he can leave in the hallway for me to step on as I stumble to the bathroom in the dark. He actually managed to chew one of the femur bones into a shiv a while back.
Spencer is spoiled rotten. Hopefully he will be a good Big Brother and not be too jealous of the baby. He is such a good dog. Katie even managed to get him to smile for the camera a few years back!




I will never forget when you left for work that first day in SC and we let him out. and then promptly put him back in the kitchen. He's so good now, though!
ReplyDelete