29 Weeks.
Total weight gain/loss:
23 Pounds.
Gender:
It's a Girl!! Macy Jane. I decided the other day.
Size of baby:
Macy weighs about 2.5 pounds. She is about the size of a butternut squash, and is about 15 inches from head to heel.
Maternity clothes?
I am running out of shirts! I can't wait for it to warm up so I can wear dresses. Still sticking with the yoga pants and my 2 pair of maternity jeans.
Stretch marks?
Just on my chest so far. More troubling are the spider veins...but I started getting those about 5 years ago. Thanks, genetics.
Sleep:
Some nights I sleep well, some nights I have bad dreams. I have been taking naps more frequently, which helps.
Best moment this week:
Going through all of her stuff to get a feel for what I still need to buy. The worst moment was my Rhophylac shot today!! She just KEPT.PUSHING.THE.PLUNGER. It felt like MINUTES it took her to inject all of it. My ass is still sore.
Movement:
All the time. The other day I learned what a Fetal Kick Count is. I'm supposed to feel for her movements and count 10 in an hour. Not every hour, but about once a day during the time she is most active. Last night I made it to 10 movements in about 5 minutes. She does not like it when I hunch over forward. She let me know that today by kicking me right in the ribs. She is still most active at night. I love feeling her kick as I fall asleep.
Food cravings:
None this week. I haven't even wanted to eat after last Tuesday.
Symptoms:
Frequent trips to the bathroom, swollen ankles, night-time leg cramps. Also general discomfort as it gets harder for me to get around.
Belly Button: in or out?
Still in.
Rings: on or off?
Off.
What I miss:
Wine, bending over, going more than an hour without a bathroom break.
What I am looking forward to:
Getting the hell out of Virginia for 6 weeks.
Glad your sweet girl finally has a middle name! Only the cool kids get such an awesome one though! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat is Rhophylac?
ReplyDeleteRhophylac is what they give to pregnant women who have RH negative blood. If Macy is RH positive, which is quite possible since her dad is RH positive, my body will actually make antibodies to her blood. It won't really affect her because I won't develop enough antibodies to really do anything. When I have another one, those antibodies will actually start destroying the baby's red blood cells. The Rhophylac is supposed to prevent my immune system from making those antibodies. Apparently they have to inject me with like A GALLON to make sure it's effective.
ReplyDeleteOh, I see. Similar to Rhogam? I had to have one of those shots. Great times.
ReplyDeleteYeah just a different brand name.
ReplyDeleteAnd I feel like a total douche for over-explaining.
ReplyDeleteHa. Don't feel like a douchebag. Had I been unaware, that would've been a perfect explanation. I have a negative Rh factor, too (obviously). The only thing really crappy about my shot was the fact that only OB wards give it. So that was the perfect topper to a really shitty day.
ReplyDelete