Sunday, March 6, 2011

26 Weeks



How far along?
26 Weeks.

Total weight gain/loss: 
22 Pounds.
Gender: 
It's a Girl!! Her first name is Macy.  Still working on the middle name.  Baby Steps.

Size of baby:
Macy weighs about 1.7 pounds, and is about 14 inches from head to heel.

Maternity clothes? 
Yes Please!! I wear yoga pants most days, which aren't actually maternity clothes--unless you ask Baby Daddy, who said "Right.  Those are pregnant-person pants" when I showed him the yoga pants.

Stretch marks? 
I just found out that Mederma makes a product specifically for stretch marks, not just for scars.  I will be picking some up this week.  Still none on my belly.

Sleep: 
Still sleeping like crap.  I think it's a combination of missing Daddy, nearing my 3rd trimester and just being tired, and Macy kicking me in the night and waking me up.

Best moment this week: 
Realizing that I love being pregnant.  As someone who has struggled with body image pretty much since puberty, being pregnant is liberating. It's the one time where it's not only socially acceptable to be fat, but people want you to take pictures of how fat you are and post them on your blog!!

Movement: 
She moves anytime I am still for an extended period of time.  At night I have been rolling onto my side and feeling her kick as I go to sleep.  Feeling her move is very comforting.  She is half her Daddy, and when I feel her move, I feel closer to him.

Food cravings: 
HUNGRY.ALL.THE.TIME.  Plus I'm still pretty depressed, so I'm eating a lot more than I should.  I have been trying to compensate by walking more--I'm terrified of gaining too much weight or giving birth to a 20 pound baby.

Symptoms:
The nosebleeds have somewhat subsided.  Technically, I don't cross into my 3rd trimester for two more weeks, but I can tell my symptoms are starting to change already.  My 1st trimester, I was EXHAUSTED.  Like, asleep on the couch before 8 every night, and sleeping until 8 the next morning.  I also had some nausea.  The day I hit 13 weeks, I wasn't tired anymore, my nausea was gone, and I had headaches all of a sudden.  Fortunately, they faded quickly.  I have a feeling I'm going to get a whole new set of symptoms in my 3rd trimester, including the return of fatigue.

Belly Button: in or out?
Still in.

Rings: on or off? 
Off at night and while I exercise, on the rest of the time.

What I miss: 
Today I really wanted a Bloody Mary for some reason.  I haven't really "missed" booze too much, but today I could definitely go for a drink.

What I am looking forward to: 
Having another 3-D ultrasound in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment