Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. The season of Lent begins on March 9th this year...do you participate and if so, in what way?
I don't participate personally.  Usually, I have to listen to Baby Daddy whine about how he can't eat meat on Fridays.  Also, he usually gives up something ridiculous, (like chocolate?!?) and he whines about that too.  Then we make way too much food on Easter and just gorge ourselves on it.   But not this year.  It's kind of sad, actually.

2. Traditionally pancakes are eaten on the day known as Shrove Tuesday which is the last day before Lent (March 8th this year). So....butter and syrup? Blueberry? Chocolate chip? ewww, no thanks!! What's your pleasure when it comes to eating pancakes?
If I'm eating them at home, chocolate chip.  I have mastered the art of making excellent chocolate chip pancakes.  Also, I don't put syrup on them.  I'm also a fan of Cracker Barrel's Maine Wild Blueberry pancakes (with the blueberries in the batter), and IHOP's Cinn-a-stack pancakes.  I'm hungry now.

3. Spring is coming. (It is coming, right?) What's your favorite springtime flower and do you suffer from seasonal allergies? Two questions I know, but they're lightweights.
I guess I would have to say lilacs, which might actually be a summer flower, now that I think about it.  I love the way they make it smell outside.  I never suffered from seasonal allergies until I moved to Virginia.  I grew up in the mid-west, and then I lived in South Carolina for 4 years.  According to the vet, this area is the second worst area for environmental allergens--oh, my dog has seasonal allergies, too.  That's why I got the info from the vet.  I had just paid him $200 for an allergy test.

4. "Our opinion of people depends less upon what we see in them than upon what they make us see in ourselves." Author unknown. Agree or Disagree? Why?
I guess I would agree.  I'm kind of having a brain fart about what to say in response to this one.  I can't really think of any examples.  

5. Since it's "March" and also the season of Mardi Gras....have you ever been in a parade? What's the best parade you've seen?
I've never really been big on parades.  I remember watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade a few times as a kid.  I can't really think of a specific parade that was "the best."

6. You would jump up and down and shout for joy right now if someone told you___________?
Baby Daddy is coming home and he doesn't have to go back until this deployment is over!!

7. How clean is your car on the outside? Inside? Is there junk in your trunk?
My car is silver, so it stays pretty clean.  I used to have a black car, and I learned my lesson.  Especially when I go home to the land of dirt and gravel roads.  Inside my car is still clean because it is new.  Also, Spencer has never been in it, so there is no dog hair.  I don't actually have a trunk, but there is nothing in the back of the car--again, it's new. 

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I love this time of year.  Not just because Spring is on the way and it is about to warm up.  Also, because 1) It is Girl Scout Cookie season, and 2) Cadbury Cream Eggs!!

4 comments:

  1. Just bought 7 boxes of Girl Scout cookies-I love them and you can freeze the mint ones-taste fresh too!!! Forgot about the eggs-oh my--can't wait to indulge in these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not broken down and bought any of the eggs yet. If I start eating them this early I won't want them for Easter. Okay-that's a lie but I'm holding out a little while longer : )

    We have not encountered a single girl scout this year. I suppose that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of myself because I have had a bag of Hershey's Eggs (my favorite!) and I haven't eaten a single one! Perhaps that's how I will celebrate tonight after I weigh in!

    ReplyDelete