Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Willpower? Not so much...

In a former life, I used to have some willpower.  Or maybe I didn't and I just killed my cravings with nicotine.  Either way, lately I feel like I just can't control myself when it comes to food.  Yeah, I know I'm pregnant, and pregnant women have cravings.  I just feel like I'm going a little overboard here lately.  

Today would be a prime example.

I woke up this morning and had a pretty decent breakfast--whole wheat toast with peanut butter (yes, Casey, I am giving her a peanut allergy) and a glass of skim milk.  I had an appointment, and then I went to the gym for an hour.  So far, so good.  On my way home, the craving hit me--McDonald's french fries.  I think this is the 3rd day in a row.  A LARGE order of McDonald's french fries.  SALTY french fries.  Salt is not really good for pregnant women.  Especially for a pregnant woman who is hoping to be medically cleared to drive 900 miles when she is 35 weeks so she can have her baby in Illinois.  High blood pressure is one of the things that would definitely cause the doctor to "ground" me.  Yet, I cannot resist.

My chocolate craving is out of this world right now.  Today I stopped to get milk, and I managed to walk out with a triple chocolate cake mix and a container of whipped chocolate icing.  I was going to make the cake mix into cupcakes this evening, but instead I ended up eating about 4 spoonfuls of the icing.  That was on top of the Hershey's Kisses I ate throughout the day, because they are in the jar on the counter and why not?  I'm pregnant!  I've been justifying the horrific amount of calories I consume every day by thinking "I'm sad and lonely right now...I'm depressed and it's better than smoking...I'll feel better in a while and then I'll cut back."

I think it is officially time to get over it.  I am still sad and kind of depressed, but I bet I'll be more sad when I have to deliver a 10-pound baby because of the amount of weight I put on while I was pregnant.  Or when I have huge, scary stretch marks covering my entire abdomen.  

Now I just have to figure out how to get some willpower back...ideas, anyone?

2 comments:

  1. I think I've decided on a medically induced coma. I'm not sure that's going to work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lmfao! on one hand, you may be giving her a peanut allergy... on the other, she may just insist on having Reese's at every meal... epipen or Reese's at every meal... toss up...

    ReplyDelete