Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. Sunday was the first day of spring. So they say. Ahem.  What is your favorite outdoor springtime activity?
I like sitting outside on my porch, or walking.  I have been enjoying walking outside lately instead of walking a the mall.

2. Who would you want to come into your kitchen to cook dinner for you?
I would say Chef Anne Burrell if we're talking celebrities, and Casey if we're talking real-life people.

3. When did you last fly a kite?
I have no idea.  I actually think the last time might have been back in like 1998 or 1999.  I remember going to the elementary school up the street and flying a kite sometime around then.

4. What topic puts you to sleep faster than anything?
Politics!  I don't understand politics.  I don't want to understand politics.  I hate politics.

5. Which flowers do you associate with specific people, places, or events?
Peonies remind me of summer time at the house where I grew up, along with purple coneflowers and lilacs.

6. What significant historical events took place during your elementary school days?
The one I specifically remember was Operation Desert Storm.  I remember hearing at school about Sadam Hussein invading Kuwait.  We also had a bumper sticker on the car that said "We Support Desert Storm Troops."  I remember the OJ trial, because I thought it was really silly that his parents named him after orange juice.  The Bill Clinton-Monica Lewinsky scandal happened I think when I was a freshman.  I was a senior in Mr. Murray's Government class during 9/11.

7. Do you swear? Do you pseudo-swear? (You know crap, shoot, friggin'?)
Both.  All the time.  I have no desire to quit, and it makes me a little bit sad that I am going to have to when Macy starts talking.  Maybe that makes me a bad person.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have the best dog in the world.  He is my little buddy and he keeps me company and comforts me when I am sad.  He is an excellent snuggler, and I am so glad to have him with me right now.

1 comment: