Monday, March 28, 2011

Prayer Monday


I'm going to be selfish today.  I know that God will forgive me for coveting prayers--he is well aware of how much I need them right now.  

Last Tuesday was, without a doubt, the worst day of my life.  I'm not even being dramatic or exaggerating.  Last Tuesday I got a phone call that brought my life as I know it to a screeching halt.  Last Tuesday I found out the man I love, the man I thought I was building my life with, has been lying to me.  FOR YEARS, he has been lying to me.  I am moving toward accepting that he is no longer a part of my life, but it is an up-hill battle.

Every day has become a struggle.  I'm just trying to remember to take things one day at a time and to trust that God will carry me through this.

Prayer Requests:
1.  I need help.  I need strength.  I need God to carry me through this when I am not strong enough to stand--which seems like most of the time right now.  I need to have faith that God is bigger than this terrible situation, and he will make something good out of it.  I just need Him right now.

2.  Spencer's allergies are out of control this year.  It is hard for me to see him so miserable and know that there is very little I can do to make him feel better.  He has been there for me through so much, and I just wish I could stop his itching and make him comfortable.

3. Let Macy continue to grow and develop the way she is supposed to.  It is very difficult for me to eat and sleep right now.  If it weren't for her, I can honestly say I probably wouldn't have eaten in nearly a week.  I force myself because of her, but I have still lost 3 pounds in the last week.  I need God to protect her and give her what she needs, even when I don't feel like I am able to provide it for her.

Prayer:
Lord, I need you right now.  Many mornings I wake up and I have no idea how I will make it through the day.  Please make your presence known to me.  Remind me that you are strong and powerful.  Remind me to cling to you instead of trying to make it on my own.  I know you are so much bigger than what I am going through, and I just ask you to please help me.  Remind me that I am not alone in this.  

Amen.

6 comments:

  1. So I'm not usually one to throw Bible verses around... but I'm gonna tell you a secret... I have these taped to the inside of one of the drawers in my desk at work...

    Psalm 37:7-9
    Jeremiah 29:11-13
    Proverbs 3:5-6

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's selfish to ask God for what you need. He is the God who knows our hearts, after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isaiah 43:2--I think it's become my life verse. I'm willing to share.

    Our women's Bible study prayed for you last night and we will continue to do so. I hate that it's so far away that we feel like we can't reach out to you more...I'm not particularly comforting, but I would at least be able to cry with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, friends. I should be home in a few weeks--provided that is what God wants for me and he will work out the paperwork. I'm hitting some walls lately. I'm trying not to stress about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tara, you are so strong. Even if you do not see it. You are a great mother to Macy and Spencer. We are always here for you whenever you need us. We love you.

    ReplyDelete