Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Why does this stress me out?!

Today I need to do something that I absolutely do NOT want to do.  I am dreading it more than anything else in life right now.  I am genuinely scared.  This fear is so irrational that it is ridiculous.

There are a lot of things I am afraid of.  I'm not ashamed to admit that even as a grown adult, I am mortified of spiders, I am scared of throwing up and will do anything to avoid it, and I am also afraid of the dark.  Seriously.  But this thing I have to do doesn't fall into any of those categories, and I have been trying to talk myself into doing it all day--well, since yesterday, actually.

I hate calling people that I don't know.  HATE IT.  It scares the bajeezus out of me.

Today, I need to make a phone call to a Master Chief--someone who is 3 pay-grades above me, which makes this even more intimidating.  To make matters worse, I need to call him and ask him to do something for me.  (I also HATE asking for help, especially from strangers.)  The thing I need him to do is very simple and trivial, and I'm sure he gets asked to do it a few times a month, maybe even once a week.

But this is SO scary for me.  I'm hoping that by writing this, I can work up the courage to just get it over with. Putting it off just makes it sit in the back of my mind like a dark, angry storm cloud, just building strength the longer I wait.  I know I will feel better once I just get this taken care of.

But I don't WANT TO!!

1 comment:

  1. I am exactly the same way. Even though I know it doesn't make any sense, I get so worked up!

    ReplyDelete