It's really April? Seriously? *sigh*
I have been planning to participate in the A to Z challenge. I didn't realize we were actually going to start on a Sunday, because I remembered Sundays were the only no-blog days. So I'm a day late. Story of my life. Maybe that fits in with my post.
Adjustments. No one has ever accused me of being flexible. That is probably true of most Obsessive Compulsives. I like plans. I like order. I heart organization.
I don't like change. I knew things would change when I had a baby. I also thought I knew that eventually I would adjust to my "New Normal."
I never knew my New Normal would pretty much be total chaos. I don't handle that well, as you can imagine. That is a big reason why I can't seem to find time to blog. When I get Macy in bed at night, or when I have a day off with some downtime, I immediately think of all the chores I need to do. The kitchen needs to be mopped because OMG IT'S FILTHY! There is ALWAYS a load of laundry to do. I need to sort through Macy's clothes. I need to sort through my clothes. I need to go through my coupon binder and purge the expired ones. I need to plan next week's menu. I need to pay the bills. I need to sweep up the dog hair that coats every surface in my house. Shit! How did I forget I was supposed to re-organize the linen closet?!
And it goes on and on. And here I am. My kitchen floor is disgusting. My dog is trying to dig his eyes out of his head because of all the pollen. I didn't stop at the grocery store on my way home from work because I just didn't feel like it. I don't have anything planned for dinner.
But I wrote a blog. A blog that should have been written yesterday. Considering how the rest of this day has gone, I think that's an accomplishment. Now back to my regularly-scheduled chaos.
Celebrate the small victories! You got A done today. Now B! ;)
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing what you do all month!
Tim
The Other Side
The Freedom of Nonbelief
Hi! I remember those chaotic days of having a young family! Great post - looking forward to reading more! LindaK
ReplyDeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful post! I found you on the A to Z Challenge, and I will definitely be back to read more of your lovely writing!! It is very real. Keep up the great work.
Stop over at my site too if you get a chance. :) I write humor stuff (or sometimes serious stuff that people laugh at? Does that make it humor then?).
Best,
MOV
Your life sounds a lot like mine. I remind myself of my mom's wisdom when I am feeling like a domestic failure. She says when our kids are grown they will not remember the spotless house, gourmet meals, their memories will be the time and fun they had with us. It is ok to have messy rooms and messy homes. One day they will make smaller messes and even help clean up. Hang in there. I look forward to reading the next installment!
ReplyDelete