Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I is for iPod

I is for iPod

I remember cassette tapes.  I remember my baby sister pulling all the tape out because it was a fun game.  I remember when the tape player would "eat" the tape.  These are things my kid will never experience... because they don't make cassette any more. Also, because she has her own iPod.  Spoiled? Maybe.

But this post is actually about the music I have been listening to lately, not about the ridiculously-age-inappropriate things I have bought for my 11-month-old.

We Are Young by Fun featuring Janelle Monae.  Also known as "The Chevy Song." I love this song.



One Man Wrecking Machine by Guster.  This one is several years old--it's from 2006.  I heard (noticed) it for the first time while I was watching Disturbia the other day.



I Like it Like That by Hot Chelle Rae.



Yes, I fucking love Hot Chelle Rae.  I'm not ashamed.  I also love Avril Lavigne, but that's a subject for another post.  Judge me if you want.  This is what I have been listening to lately.

3 comments:

  1. Visiting from the A-to-Z Challenge. Hi ya!

    Good tunes! I, too, unabashedly love that Hot Chelle Rae song. I know. I know! I'm way off the event horizon of the appropriate age bubble: I not only remember cassette tapes, but vaguely -- shhh! -- 8-tracks! =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. No judgement here. My dirty little secret on my iPod? Even though she has her own iPod now, there are still a couple of Hannah Montana songs I haven't removed from when I had music on there for my daughter. My secret shame? Hoedown Throwdown is in my workout mix. I know. It's bad. But damn if that song doesn't make me smile and want to dance. Every. Damn. Time.

    Swinging through from the A to Z page. Good luck on the rest of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Great site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

    Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete