Sunday, April 8, 2012

F is for Family Friendly

I'm not talking about wholesome atmospheres where swear words don't float on the breeze.

I'm talking about drive-thrus.  Seriously.

I thought drive-thrus were invented by lazy people.  Really, they were invented by moms.  There are so many times when I will choose convenience over something I want more, or something that is cheaper.  The other day, I really wanted a burrito from Chipotle.  Like, badly.  I love Chipotle.  But Macy was with me, and we had just left Kohl's, which meant I had just fought the epic battle that is strapping her into the car seat.  Chipotle would have meant reliving that battle, or toting 40 pounds of car seat and baby through the line.  I had Arby's.

Steam-in-bag vegetables are another example.  They are expensive.  But they are just. so. easy.  No dishes.  No waiting for water to boil.  Just toss them in and 5 minutes later I have a delicious bag of broccoli that I can sprinkle some salt on and eat directly from the bag.  Wait... what?!  Of course I never do that.

So when you see that "Customer with Child" parking spot at Harris Teeter--which is the only place I've ever seen it--please don't park there unless you have kids, you jackass.

No comments:

Post a Comment