Sometimes, I fear that you have an unrealistic perspective about your position on the team. Specifically, that you don't have one. As strongly as you may feel that you belong to the team, you don't. Therefore, you should not take it as a personal insult when your team trades or releases a player. The management didn't do it to piss you off. They did it because they felt it was best for the team--your team. Maybe wait and see how it pans out before you start spewing your hatred for those "fucking morons" who "have no idea what they're doing."
Occasionally, a player will opt to sign with another team. While you have every right to think that player is a Total Douche, [*cough* Pujols! *cough*] he didn't "do" anything to you. Players are seldom loyal to anything except their own wallets. Hines Ward may be the exception. Also, Brett Favre. He didn't want to stop playing for Green Bay. He wanted to skip Spring Training because the dude is OLD. I don't blame him.
I hope I have cleared some things up for you today. Perhaps in the future you can apply this letter when you feel the need to say things like, "Don't come at me talking crap about my boys. I will fight you." The "crap" he was talking was "the truth" about a couple of dirty hits by James Neal of the Pittsburgh Penguins (MY team). They were dirty hits. I saw it myself. He should have been ejected. But it doesn't make me feel the need to fight anyone.
Thank you for your time,
Tara
I hear ya, Tara. Some people get way too caught up in their sports.
ReplyDeleteAs for the Pittsburgh-Philly game. Whew! What a game! I agree with you about Neal, I don't understand why he didn't get tossed.
Nice post. :)
God bless Brett Favre! Also... I agree 900%!
ReplyDelete