When I was pregnant with Macy, I had to put away a lot of my clothes. I hadn't had a chance to go back through them until recently. What I found was a little... discouraging? Maybe that's not the word. It did lead to cleansing, though--one that was much-needed.
As I sorted through my denim mini skirts and spaghetti-strap tops, I just kept thinking, "Wow, I am way too old to be wearing this crap." I don't feel that old. Some of them were too small, but I mostly just felt like I am just too....something to wear that kind of stuff anymore. I guess the only word I can use to describe that feeling is "mature." I'm not too old or too fat... I'm too mature to dress like I did when I was 22. So, I broke down and bought some new clothes.
And I discovered was that there are clothes that look good on me--despite the fact that I think I could stand to lose another 20 pounds. However, none of those clothes are located in the juniors department. They aren't modified by the words "low rise." I think I have been shopping for the wrong clothes for years. This is one of the dresses I bought.
Age appropriate, right? Professional, even. I have actually bought 5 dresses over the last few weeks, and I plan to continue expanding my wardrobe. Who knew all it took was shopping in the women's department instead of the girls'?

I love that dress!
ReplyDeletevery chic!
ReplyDeleteThat dress is lovely.
ReplyDeleteLook forward to the rest of your challenge run…can’t believe we’ve had 15 days already!
--Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2012
Twitter: @AprilA2Z
#atozchallenge
PS: pls turn off your word verification to make it easier to comment---you might consider comment moderation instead if you're unsure :)
I did. Sucks, right? And you gotta pay trap bucks for that shut which makes it far worse! Ballllllllls
ReplyDeleteI want that dress!
ReplyDeleteThat's a lovely dress. And it's a great transformation.
ReplyDeleteRhia from Five Minute Piece for Inspiration (around #777 on the A to Z list)
That is a beautiful dress! I recently was debating over two pairs of tennis shoes, one being hot pink, and I went with the gray. My daughter said she liked the pink, but thought it was too young for me. Whoa! I still feel young and think I could rock a pair of hot pink shoes.....but I thought they looked too much like Ronald McDonald shoes. Sheesh!
ReplyDeleteLOVE that dress! Motherhood changed my wardrobe too.
ReplyDeleteScribblesFromJenn
Happy A to Z-ing!