Tuesday, April 3, 2012

C is for Chambourcin

MMMMmmmmm.  Wine.

I'm a wino.  Meaning, I like me some wine.  I'm definitely no connoisseur.  I'm not even what you would call "classy."  During one particular wine trailing trip, I chewed on the wax from the outside of a block of fancy cheese.  I tried it multiple times.  I insisted it was cheese-flavored bubble gum.  CLASSY.

But Chambourcin.  Soooo delicious.  I feel bad getting drunk on Chambourcin because I don't fully enjoy each glass.

Chambourcin is a hybrid grape.  It was created by some French guy whose name I can't remember.  The word Chambourcin is French for "I'm made of pure fucking awesomeness."  Or maybe it means something else.  Whatever.  It IS made of awesome.

My favorite Chambourcin is an amazing wine called Papa's Rosa from my absolute favorite winery, Blue Sky Vineyard.  You should all make a trip to the So Ill and visit this place.  I would live there if it wouldn't bankrupt me while simultaneously giving me cirrhosis.  Papa's Rosa makes me happy.  It makes my tummy nice and warm.  Maybe I've already had a few glasses.  Who knows?  But I feel it is my duty to tell the world about the most amazing grape ever cloned in a lab--Chambourcin (Also, that cloning thing might be totally made up).

3 comments:

  1. I have a bottle in my pantry. Visit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I had forgotten all about that wax! We may not be classy, but we are always fun!

    ReplyDelete