Monday, July 18, 2011

Prayer Monday--7/18/11

I'm trying to get back to my regularly scheduled blogging.  I'm not sure how much success I am going to have, but I'm making an attempt.

I'm feeling really needy and selfish today.  A lot of times, I feel like I only remember to pray when I have some big crisis...and today is one of those days.

I tend to avoid dealing with big problems.  I don't know why.  I know they only get bigger when I ignore them, but I do it anyway.  A prime example would be two years ago when I waited until 5 days before I was supposed to report to my ship to find somewhere to live in Virginia.  That was a long weekend.  This time, I have waited until 5 days before I am supposed to go back to work to find daycare.

In my defense, I actually started thinking about this while I was still pregnant.  Macy has been on a waiting list for childcare through the Navy Childcare Referral Office since January..and they still don't have a spot for her.  My situation is hard to accommodate because I work weekends...and childcare providers apparently don't?  So today, I am going to call back to the Referral Office and hope something opened up.  Then, I am going to make phone calls to some churches in hopes that they know of someone who might be able to watch my kid. I'm also going to attempt to post a job on care.com.  All of this scares the living daylights out of me, because we are talking about finding someone to take care of my Little Cupcake on 5 days notice.

So, today, I'm praying that God will provide.  I know He is so much bigger than this problem.  I know He could send me what I need after just one phone call.  I pray it happens that way.  I also pray that He will give me the wisdom to select someone who is going to take good care of her.  I pray that He will help me to trust that either way, HE will be taking care of her.  I also pray that he will give me the courage to call a bunch of people I don't know and ask them for help...which I'm SO good at.

4 comments:

  1. Praying for you and for the perfect person to solve this childcare mess! (Because we all know not just anyone is good enough for my niece!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara,

    I stopped and prayed that God would be big for you. Personally, I think most of us forget about regular prayer until we need something in a big way. But with requests like this, I need Him to answer as a reminder that my prayers still matter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara, I prayed your prayers would be answered today and a wonderful person would arrive on your doorstep to take care of your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Desperate times call for desperate measures. God help Tara to see just how big and how good You are today. Provide for her today just as You have so many times in the past.

    ReplyDelete