Ii has been difficult to find time to blog over the last 5 weeks. It has been difficult to find time to do lots of things--laundry, sleep, shave my legs, relax, eat. I spend most of my day trying to keep my 5-week-old awake, lest she stay up until midnight every night. It's been frustrating. And lonely. VERY lonely.
I can't believe it has already been 5 weeks since Macy was born. She's such a good baby. She rarely cries, and she lets me sleep in until 9:00 most mornings. She isn't sleeping through the night yet, but she is finally adjusting to being on a schedule. She is such a happy baby. I look at her, and I can't believe how beautiful she is, or how much I love her. I also can't believe I made her. She is amazing.
Other than entertaining an infant all day, I have also been working on this:
Yes, friends, that is all breast milk. This picture doesn't do justice to the amount of breast milk I have in my freezer right now. This is where I really start bragging. Please bear in mind that I spend a lot of time on the verge of tears because of my current life situation. Being a single parent to a newborn is hard. I'm the breadwinner, and the house wife, but there is no husband to come home from work at the end of the day. Thus, I have to find happiness somewhere. So, as you all read this and become irritated, pissed off, or jealous, please keep in mind what I have gone through in order to achieve this lifetime goal: I can eat whatever I want and still lose 2 pounds a week. I'm not even kidding. Macy is 5 weeks old, and I have already lost 30 pounds since she was born. I'm serious about this being a lifetime goal. At one time, I was that girl who eats whatever she wants and stays thin...but it was when I was 12. I've struggled with weight most of my adult life. My new metabolism makes all of this shit seem a little bit more worth it. Obviously, Macy makes it worth it too, but you know what I mean.
Oh, I am also currently wearing a size 40D bra...some would think I should be excited, but I could really do without these gigantic jugs. Even after I drop the last 10 pounds of baby weight, I won't be able to wear my regular shirts again--my hooters are too big.
Am I the only one who appreciates the irony that my gigantic jugs are both helping me lose weight AND preventing me from wearing smaller clothes?
Although, gigantic hooters can also whittle your waist to nothing...which is an illusory miracle.
ReplyDeleteGlad things are going well.
Many, many women would be jealous of your breast milk stash, haha. I wish I was working days, it would make it a lot easier to hang out :(
ReplyDelete