Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Unexpected Blessings

Today has been quite a day.  I've been plugging away at my childcare search since yesterday.  I actually found several very promising candidates, and I had set up interviews to meet with them.  Then, I got a phone call from work, asking me if I wanted to switch shifts.  I had been working weekends--Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.  They now want me to work weekdays--regular 7-3, Monday-Friday.  That might seem like a better schedule.  For me, it's not.  I like having 3 days off every week, and I was arranging my childcare for my old work schedule.  I said they "asked" me to switch shifts...it wasn't really a request.  Naturally, I panicked.

After I hyperventilated and paced around my apartment, twiddling my hair for a few minutes, I finally pulled myself together.  The church I visited last Sunday has a day school, and they take infants.  I called to see how long the wait was.  To my complete amazement, they have an opening starting August 1st...WoW!!  People wait months to get their kids into these type of schools.  They are licensed and accredited, and they have a Christian-based curriculum...and they have an opening for my daughter in 2 weeks.

And all I have to say...God is big, and He is good!!  I could go on, but I don't really feel like I need to.  I just want to thank everyone who prayed for me and Macy yesterday.  He has answered those prayers in a big BIG way!  I am confident that my Little Cupcake is going to be well taken care of, and that this is the plan He had all along.  I'm just so amazed at how He makes everything appear to just fall into place.

Thank you, Lord, for reminding us all that you are so much more powerful than any of us can fathom!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Tara--That's awesome :) Things like this have a way of really restoring my faith in God's willingness to intervene.

    ReplyDelete