Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge--6/1/11


1. Have you ever been to the US capital-Washington DC? If so, what's your favorite site? If not, what would you most like to see on a visit to that city someday in the future? Is it even on your list of places to visit?
I have not been to DC.  It is on my list of things to do while I'm living in Virginia, since it is only a few hours away.  I have heard the traffic there is atrocious, which could be a big reason why I haven't gone yet.  I don't really have one specific thing I would like to see when I finally visit.

2. When did you last attend a wedding? Are there any weddings on your summer calendar? Were you a summer bride? If you're single, is summer the season of your dream wedding?
I had to think a bit on this one.  I'm pretty sure the last wedding I went to was back in 2005, when my parents got married.  I know plenty of people who have gotten married since then, but I haven't been able to make it to any of their weddings.  I do not have any weddings on my summer calendar.  I would actually prefer to get married in the fall, myself.

3. What is your favorite way to eat strawberries?
With Cool Whip on a hot summer day.

4. What is one thing you are especially looking forward to this summer?
Hmmm...well I just finished a *little* project that I have been working on for about nine months now...I am pretty much looking forward to watching all of her Firsts and taking pictures of her in all of her little summer outfits.

5. Do you use/like the self checker at the grocery store?
I am a bit particular about the way my groceries are bagged (never would have imagined, huh?), so I love the self checker.  The baggers at the commissary work for tips.  You would think they would be better at bagging.  However, they frequently bag my groceries in paper without asking me (HATE), and put my raw pork chops right on top of my produce--despite the fact that I organize everything on the belt for them.  The self checker helps me keep my blood pressure down.

6. Share a favorite piece of common sense advice.
If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

7. Barefoot, flip flops, tennis shoes, sassy sandals-your first choice for summertime?
Flippy Floppies.  Tidewater Flip Flops, to be exact.  They are foam with cloth straps, so they never leave blisters--EVER.  They are soooo comfortable!

8.  If you noticed that there was no 38 Weeks or Prayer Monday post from me this week, that's because I got a little bit busy with being in labor.  I did make it all the way to 38 Weeks, so I will put up a post with a final belly pic, eventually.  I am actually still in the hospital at the moment.  Macy Jane graced us with her presence on May 30th, at 11:36 am.  She weighed 7 pounds, 2 ounces, and was 19.5 inches long.  She is perfect.  I will post about her after I get paroled and get settled at home.  Meanwhile, here is a picture to hold everyone over.


7 comments:

  1. I think you deserve some sort of HP prize for posting right alongside giving birth! Congratulations!! She is beautiful and little girls steal your heart in the worst way : ) Enjoy her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Congrats on the new baby... I have one on the way also. My little ones middle name is Jane also. We spell it Jayne... Enjoy Mother hood it is the best.. Have a great day..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that cute little face. Congrats, friend! You did well! Can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She does look perfectly beautiful! Congratulations! Enjoy this summer watching her grow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is beautiful! Congratulations on a sweet little blessing to love. Now the fun begins! God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! What a beauty she is. May your days filled with blessings and a very happy baby!

    ReplyDelete