Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge--5/25/11



1. What is something about living in this country that you value?
'This country' is whatever country you call home.
Freedom and Opportunity.  People have to freedom to be as ignorant, closed-minded, liberal, or stupid as they want to...and I have the freedom to publicly tell them they are ignorant, closed-minded, liberal, or stupid.

2. What is a favorite something you own that is red, white, and/or blue?
I'm having a hard time thinking of anything...my dog is white.  He is a favorite something of mine.

3. Do you fly a flag at your house on patriotic holidays?
I live in an apartment, so there really isn't a place to fly a flag.  I do have a pet peeve about people who fly the American flag without observing the rules for displaying it properly.  I love that people want to be patriotic and fly a flag outside their homes.  However, either take the flag down at night, or put a light on it like you're supposed to!

4. What ingredients do you think should be included in a great picnic basket?
Strawberry lemonade, a red and white checked picnic blanket, sandwiches of some sort, ants on a log (celery with peanut butter and raisins), shoe string potatoes, and cookies.

5. What is one interesting piece of trivia you know? Interesting is of course a relative term.
Some sweet Navy trivia:  The USS George H. W. Bush (CVN-77) is the only aircraft carrier ever to have its namesake come aboard for a tour.  Every year, former president Bush and his wife, Barbara, visit the ship while it is underway.  He actually has his own state-room on the ship.

6. Wednesday, May 24th is National Escargot day...have you ever tried them? Eww or ooh?
Never tried them, but I doubt I could stomach them.  I have tried oysters, and they pretty much remind me of boogers.  I imagine escargot would have a similar consistency.

7. What is one thing you know for sure?
No one makes it out of this life alive.

8. Yesterday was my first appointment with the doctor who will be delivering Macy.  He said I won't make it to my due date, and he gave me a 50/50 chance that I'll make it to Saturday.  I'm really hoping to make it that long, because my baby shower isn't until Saturday!  I've been trying to avoid labor triggers, and spend as much time on my back as I can.  Let's hope she holds out!

7 comments:

  1. Wow...I'm impressed that you want to stay pregnant. When I got to the end of my time...I was READY!! I got a good chuckle out of your #1...indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you make it to your shower : ) The Bush family has such class-I love that he continues to encourage the military.

    Wishing you a safe and easy delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have friends who serve on the USS George Bush - and what an honor indeed, to have a president who supports the military! Hope your delivery goes well, whenever she arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!! Congrats to you on the birth that is soon to come. I did not make it to one of my baby showers either. I was a little devastated. It was my first baby, and my friends opened my presents without me. Regardless...prayers for a safe delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Casey is cooking regardless. We may have to bring it to the hospital, but she's cooking! Thanks to you, though, I NEED strawberry lemonade STAT!

    PS-We have a light on our flag! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answers. And yeah, I can't think of anyone who ever wanted to make it to their due date! Good luck, hope you stay comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting tidbits you have here. glad i found your blog. Good luck! I hope you have a safe and easy delivery.
    nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete