I love to be outside. Sunshine just makes me feel good, and nothing beats the smell of evening in the spring time. I live across the street from Home Depot right now. Every time I walk past on my way to the park, I long to have somewhere to plant an herb garden and hang my collection of wind chimes. It has only been very recently that I realized how much I missed living somewhere with a yard. Lately, I've even found myself wandering through the outdoor living section of Target and really wanting to buy a table and chairs with an awesome umbrella. Hopefully it won't be too much longer until I can start working on my perfect yard.
It will need a firepit, and of course that table and chairs with the umbrella. I'll make sure the chairs are padded so they are nice and comfortable. I'll plant lots of flowers--the kind that come from a packet of seeds so I can watch them sprout and grow. Someday, Macy will be big enough to help with the planting. I would also love to have an herb garden so that I can cook with fresh herbs without them going bad. I might even plant a few vegetables--a tomato plant for sure. I'll hit up Pier One and make sure I get plenty of candles and lanterns for ambiance. I'm going to need to pick myself up a few buckets to put my beer in for get-togethers, and some colorful drink dispensers (the kind with the spout) for lemonade and sangria. Also, this will be a good excuse to spend way too much money on Target's colorful plastic plates and cups that I really don't need.
Hopefully next summer, this won't just be my dream yard--it will be reality.
No comments:
Post a Comment